Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2883 in lilypond: Patch: Make arguments like C

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2883 in lilypond: Patch: Make arguments like Context.GrobName accessible as symbol lists
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:01:02 +0000

Comment #31 on issue 2883 by address@hidden: Patch: Make arguments like Context.GrobName accessible as symbol lists

Colin? I think this is ready for countdown in the current form. Thanks to the work of the translation team and merging of the translation branch into master, this change now also passes make doc.

\displayLilyMusic still needs tweaks hinted at in comment #30: this is not really controversive and I'll add that shortly. If a countdown has already started by that time, I would only interrupt it until Patchy-staging agrees with this change.

I would go for the "small convert-ly" solution in the last Rietveld review. It makes the necessary API changes and improvements to music functions while keeping the new syntax possibilities mostly "undercover".

I would want to put the "large convert-ly" solution up with supplementary documentation in a later iteration, and of course, with \displayLilyMusic changes matching the conversions. It makes sense doing this as one or several followup issues as there will already be enough work involved with changing the documentation for \footnote and other commands getting interface changes/improvements due to the "small" version of this issue.