[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2812 in lilypond: Renaming to distinguish keySigna

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2812 in lilypond: Renaming to distinguish keySignature from KeySignature
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 04:23:08 +0000

Owner: address@hidden
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 2812 by address@hidden: Renaming to distinguish keySignature from KeySignature

There is a property 'keySignature' of each Staff that helps determine what accidentals to print before notes, and at the start of each line.
We set it usually with  \key d\major , but can also

  \set Staff.keySignature = #`(( 4 . ,FLAT) ( 5 . ,FLAT))

Then there is a graphical object 'KeySignature' with its own properties concerning how to print the key signature, its spacing, which style of glyphs, etc.

\override Staff.KeySignature #'glyph-name-alist = #alteration-mensural-glyph-name-alist

Reading some user feedback on the latest manual section NR 1.1.3
 <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-09/msg00036.html>
I am thinking that it would be wise to rename the property of the Staff, the thing we set with \key b\minor, to simply "key"

 \set Staff.key = #`(( 4 . ,FLAT) ( 5 . ,FLAT))