Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2812 in lilypond: Renaming to distinguish keyS

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2812 in lilypond: Renaming to distinguish keySignature from KeySignature
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:31:29 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 2812 by address@hidden: Renaming to distinguish keySignature from KeySignature

It may be worth to mention that confusing context properties and grob properties is likely to lead to segfaults and worse since grob properties are implemented as a half-opaque specially structured context property. I don't like "key" though since the key is not a list of (optionally octave-fixed) accidentals but rather the combination of tonic and scale. keySignature is, indeed, the graphical object in half-baked form. Something like keyAccidentals or keyModifiers maybe, and we also have localKeySignature to take care of.