Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2735 in lilypond: Clarify use of page breaking

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2735 in lilypond: Clarify use of page breaking paper variables
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:00:42 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 2735 by address@hidden: Clarify use of page breaking paper variables

Joe said:

If you make blank-last-page-force large and use ly:page-turn-breaking,
then lilypond will be unlikely to produce a score where the last
page is odd-numbered.

Before I try to improve the documentation of these paper/layout
variables I'd like to understand them better.  So far I've failed
to find an example where blank-last-page-force actually has an
effect on the printed output and I don't understand why.  I'll
continue working through the code in search of an explanation,
but if Joe or anyone else could provide or suggest such an
example that would be helpful.  Thanks.

Trevor