Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2735 in lilypond: Clarify use of page breaking

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2735 in lilypond: Clarify use of page breaking paper variables
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 00:56:57 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 2735 by address@hidden: Clarify use of page breaking paper variables

You're right, I mixed up odd and even.

I should mention, though, that "force" doesn't mean what I think you think it means: it doesn't force an extra page. Rather, each page gets a "force" value which says how much physical force it takes to stretch or compress the springs to make the music fit. Then blank-last-page-force gets added to that force value if the last page is blank (more force is bad). So from the internals point of view, the name blank-last-page-force is perfectly natural, although I see how it could be confusing to the user.