libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] Building libunwind for Mac OS and iOS

From: Vishvesh Community
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Building libunwind for Mac OS and iOS
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 09:00:37 +0530

Thanks a lot, I have been trying to built libunwind on Mac OS and have been stumbling from errors to errors.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 7:13 PM, Lassi Tuura <address@hidden> wrote:
I don't think it will work. There's no OS X support in libunwind at the moment, and the platform is quite different.

There is a sort of a libunwind (which has little or nothing to do with this one) in the OS itself though. See http://opensource.apple.com/source/libunwind/

There's also some sort of symbolization library for post-processing. IIRC you more or less want to use the tools that ship with base OS or at least Xcode, otherwise you are up against writing quite a lot of tooling yourself.