libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] Fix word size for MIPS architecture

From: Vicente Olivert Riera
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Fix word size for MIPS architecture
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 16:09:32 +0000

On 12/02/2014 03:37 PM, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Vicente Olivert Riera
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> The rest of the build log looks the same.
>
> That warning message tells me that n32 isn't really in working shape.
> I expect many unit tests (make check) to be broken. Do you have that
> comparison data for n64 vs n32?

I have attached them to this email.

> In your bug report, is X using libunwind header files just for some
> data types or is it really expecting stack unwinding to work? Based on
> your build log, I'm guessing the former.

Honestly, I don't know. xorg-server is using libunwind because the
"--disable-libunwind" option hasn't been passed to the configure script,
but I don't know anything else. I'm not an Xorg developer and I don't
know that information.

> I'm willing to take a patch that renames the existing mips port to
> mips64 and add a new port that corresponds to n32, even if it's not
> working 100%.

Rename the existing MIPS port to MIPS64? Do you mean making a copy of
it, right?

MIPS32 o32 (o32 is the only ABI for MIPS32)
MIPS64 n32
MIPS64 n64

Best regards,
--
Vicente Olivert Riera
Graduate Software Engineer, MIPS Platforms