libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] Fix word size for MIPS architecture

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Fix word size for MIPS architecture
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 16:25:04 +0530

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Vicente Olivert Riera
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Uhm..., I don't think so. Take a look to this:
>
> http://www.imgtec.com/mips/architectures/mips64.asp
>
> The last part:
>
> "[...] the architecture features a 32-bit compatibility mode, in which
> all registers and addresses are 32-bit wide [...]"

Ok - this is more like x86_32 binaries running on x86_64 kernel. Not
sure why you'd call this a MIPS64 ABI then.

Either way, I'm happy to apply the patch if you're able to
configure/run "make check" on n32 with the patch and get results
comparable to n64, although I really prefer that we break MIPS support
into two different archs.

 -Arun