libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:13:14 -0700

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 2:46 AM, Konstantin Belousov <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 04:27:08PM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Konstantin Belousov <address@hidden>wrote:
>
> > > AC_CHECK_DECLS: Is there is a simpler solution to the problem?
> > We can assume that presence of one of PTRACE_* or PT_* symbol
> > implies presence of all others, as example. I did this that way
> > to possibly aid in portability to other BSD variants/Mac OS X,
> > that could define only part of the PT_* symbols.
> >
> > Or, we can define autoconf macro to simplify configure.in.
> >

> autoconf macro sounds like a good idea.
Done with AC_CHECK_PTRACE_DECL macro.

Didn't quite work on Linux.

grep HAVE_DECL_PTRACE include/config.h

returns nothing.

I just pushed a commit that moved the linux specific signal handling code into its own file.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libunwind.git;a=commit;h=8e53e62db913470952b8eb541834b876f7a6882c

Could you do something similar for FreeBSD?

Folks working on non-x86 ports: could you please verify that I didn't break anything on your arch?

 -Arun