Re: Avoiding compiler warnings/errors with function pointers

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: Avoiding compiler warnings/errors with function pointers
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:43:03 -0700

On Jun 11, 2007, at 12:34 PM, Reuben Thomas wrote:

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

freeBSD has a dlfunc() function that behaves like dlsym but returns a
function pointer, last time I looked it was implemented using a union...
wait, let me look again...:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/lib/libc/gen/ dlfunc.c?rev=1.3;content-type=text%2Fplain

I think it is even in our TODO to have libltdl do this somehow, in the
meantime, Reuben can do something similar in his own code.

I am on Linux, where I can't see a similar function.

Hi Reuben,
When I reread your email I see my mistake. You can not avoid the warning altogether, somewhere there has to be code that will warn, FreeBSD chose to move that bit of code into libc, you could similarly choose to move the warning code to one file and turn off the strict compilation for that file.

Sorry for misleading.

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman