Re: ltconfig fails during 'configure'

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: ltconfig fails during 'configure'
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:47:40 -0500

"Lars J. Aas" wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 01:11:45PM -0500, Robert Boehne wrote:
> : It seems that every
> : time I try to configure, ltconfig fails because it doesn't
> : get $host set.  Here's the message from configure:
> : <snip>
> : checking whether ln -s works... yes
> : ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
> : Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
> : configure: error: libtool configure failed
>
> This problem disappears if you invoke AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM in
> configure.in before AC_PROG_LIBTOOL.
>
>   Lars J

Ok, I changed AC_CANNONICAL_HOST to AC_CANNONICAL_SYSTEM in
configure.ac and it works.  However, this doesn't appear to
be the 'proper' fix because AC_CANNONICAL_SYSTEM is obsolete.
  I also have tried AC_CANNONICAL_TARGET, which works.
It seems to me that AC_CANNONICAL_HOST should set $host,
so perhaps this is a bug in the Autoconf macro.

Comments?

--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center