ltconfig fails during 'configure'

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: ltconfig fails during 'configure'
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:11:45 -0500

Hello!

I've been trying to debug this problem for several days
but I can't seem to find the problem.  I'm forced to use
recent CVS Automake and Autoconf with this oddball project
so the problem could be there as well.  It seems that every
time I try to configure, ltconfig fails because it doesn't
get $host set.  Here's the message from configure:
<snip>
checking whether ln -s works... yes
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed

If I comment out the 'exit' from the ltconfig script, then
everything works just fine.  Any ideas why this is happening?

Robert

--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center