libreplanet-us-wa

Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Meeting this Saturday?

From: Blibbet
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-us-wa] Meeting this Saturday?
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 19:55:56 -0700

We should get a shared calendar. Does anyone know if there's a nice
FLOSS alternative to Google Calendar? I recently got my server running
again after 6 months of downtime (failed drive), and I'd be willing to
host.

I don't know the best open source tool for this, and I don't care for Google-hosted calendars, and I'm not aware of any active/free/decent place that hosts iCalendar files these days. Why not just post an iCalendar .ICS file to this mailing list? Seems nealry good enough.

But the main problem is getting fresh data -vs- posting invalid calendar info. For example, LP-WA hasn't met in months, it's wrong to show them as meeting monthly. To really figure it out, you have to watch the list archive and the wiki. Recurring calendar files and wiki entries aside, you need meatbags to edit something a few days in advance, to get things correct.

For TA3M Seattle, I'd been wanting to create a list of recurring and upcoming events from related grups on the ta3m-seattle wiki. One of the local activist calendars is no longer running, it'd be useful to replace that. I was thinking to upload the .ics to the wiki, and put the text on the wiki page. The above problem has been blocking me from getting started with the event calendars of the various local groups. :-) If someone else was hosting it, I'd be happy to just point to that calendar, I don't need to have it hosted on TA3M-Seattle wiki.