libreplanet-us-ma

Re: [LibrePlanet-US-MA] 4-YEAR PLAN ideas for LibrePlanet/Students for F

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [LibrePlanet-US-MA] 4-YEAR PLAN ideas for LibrePlanet/Students for Free Culture @Hampshire College
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:13:10 -0800

Hi Danny,

This looks great. Are you putting some of this planning on the LP wiki as well?

One suggestion is to try and make Hampshire a DRM-free school. Get the
administration to sign a statement saying that school dollars may not be used
to purchase DRMed materials, and students cannot be required to purchase them
(or suggested to, ideally). This is sort of implied by saying proprietary
software can't be required, but it would be good to make it explicit I think.

I've been wanting to make a trip out there as well, so if there are any events
(for speaking or otherwise) please let me know.

-john

--
Sent from my Replicant phone with K-9 Mail.