libreplanet-discuss

Re: suggestions for leading a free software organization

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: suggestions for leading a free software organization
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:37:48 -0500

Thank you very much for all your suggestions.

I will certainly uphold the values of freedom before functionality.  I
will have also added your ideas of how to use my time and resourses to
my own ideas.  I do not want to join another social network.  But I can
ask the secretary of the organization to create an account on one of the
Mastodon servers.

I would like to make the organization self-sustainable and to help
activist have advantages over non-activists.  (We have always given help
to all.  But that has not been sustainable.  So a lot of people and
organization who do not favour freedom have more been benefited.  They
have not contributed back.)

It has been great to receive your input.  It has made me have more ideas
and feel supported.  I do not feel this position is of comfort, but of
responsability.  Thanks  :-)