libreplanet-discuss

Re: Free Software Logo

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Free Software Logo
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 19:35:02 +0300

* mray <mail@mray.de> [2020-10-29 11:07]:
> After trying to come up with approaches that directly relate to the 4
> freedoms I ultimately had to give in to abstraction.
> There just wasn't enough room for that complexity in an iconic
> symbol.

I think that idea of representing 4 freedoms is great.

More ideas by using Unicode symbols:

⎔ - software function symbol

🄯 - cpyleft symbol, I cannot see it myself,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyleft - if you ask me this symbol
should be preferred for logos on free software

𝌡 - tetragram for change is taix-xuan-jing-symbol could be used in
     relation of modification of software as one of the freedoms

𝌚 - tetragram for release could be used for one of freedoms.

𝍄 - tetragram for watch could be used for freedom to have source code

Thanks,
Jean Louis
⎔ 🄯 𝌡 𝌚 𝍄