libreplanet-discuss

Re: Free Software Logo

From: mray
Subject: Re: Free Software Logo
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 09:06:09 +0100

On 29.10.20 00:00, Pedro Lucas Porcellis wrote:
>> I'm letting you know that there is now a Free Software Logo ready to use
>> for everybody wanting to have a sign that says "Free Software"
>
> Interesting... How did you come up with that design?

After trying to come up with approaches that directly relate to the 4
freedoms I ultimately had to give in to abstraction.
There just wasn't enough room for that complexity in an iconic symbol.

Despite the needed simplicity I tried to come up with something new that
deals with self-similarity and the process of emergence, where one part
originates from another, but retains the roots of its origin.

It also needed to be something nice to look at.