libreplanet-discuss

Re: Request Advice for Work Meeting on Why use GNU+Linux

From: Eric Schultz
Subject: Re: Request Advice for Work Meeting on Why use GNU+Linux
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 11:49:23 -0600

   > It looks like the main reservation is ITs inability to support
   desktop/laptop GNU systems. I don't think they can be blamed for this
   because you can't know everything out here, but there should be some
   way to address this.
   I have no idea on how freedom respecting the OS or the grid service is
   but Zorin OS just announced a new IT PC management system called Zorin
   Grid ([1]https://zorinos.com/grid/) for their GNU/Linux distribution.
   They seem to be marketing heavily to orgs needing to move off of
   Windows 7 due to the security updates ending. Just a place to look.
   --
   Eric Schultz, Developer and FOSS Advocate
   [2]wwahammy.com