libreplanet-discuss

Re: Free licensing of surveillance software

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: Free licensing of surveillance software
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 08:24:25 -0800

I've never heard of such a license. The only real effort on a
stronger-than-AGPL license that I know of is copyleft-next.

Are you picturing a case of something like telemetry software that is
benign and useful enough given transparency and acceptance by anyone who
is getting measured? And wanting to be sure nobody else uses the
software secretively (where those being measured are not readily
informed that it's happening)?

I could see this as a real potential.

Consider joining and posting to the copyleft-next email list
https://lists.fedorahosted.org/admin/lists/copyleft-next.lists.fedorahosted.org/

Cheers