libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] SFD Toronto Venue

From: Blaise Alleyne
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] SFD Toronto Venue
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 12:33:38 -0400

On 08/09/15 12:21 PM, Rudolf wrote:
> I'm asking around to get a few more people for lightning talks. I'm assuming
> the
> 1pm to 1:50pm time slot is still good for lightning talks if we get more than
> just me and Aruna?
>
> I prefer the longer lunch schedule myself

If we have the longer lunch and just a couple more lightning talks, I'd suggest
we squeeze them in between other longer talks if we shorter 50min talks to
40min?

Or, we could go back to one hour lunch and do something like this:

10:00-10:50: What is Software Freedom?
11:00-11:45: Free Software in Music
11:45-1:00pm: lunch + free culture short films
1:00-1:50pm: lightning talks
2:00-2:50pm: Email Privacy with Free Software
3:00-3:50pm: GnuPG/PGP Keysigning

I'd be in favour of shorter talks (40min), with a longer lunch with more films
(without breaking into two streams). But going back to 1hr lunch with short
films would be an easy solution if that's too crammed for time.

I think we could tinker with the schedule even after announcing this, as long as
the main topics / format is okay.