libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Fwd: libreDWG decode_3dsolid

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Fwd: libreDWG decode_3dsolid
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:14:11 -0300

BTW, I've been doing some research on this SAT file format. It is a
text format used by the ACIS 3D kernel (used by many apps). Apparently
the SAT spec has been released by Spatial, Inc., but I couldn't find
anything besides a 30-page pdf, which seems quite incomplete.
OpenCASCADE has written a SAT parser/importer, but this module is not
free AFAIK.

Anyway, this is not LibreDWG's business. We'll just read the SAT
chunk, and then the app will handle it.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
PoliGNU - Grupo de Estudos de Software Livre da Poli/USP