Re: Issue with documentation at https://doc.liberty-eiffel.org/

From: Paolo Redælli
Subject: Re: Issue with documentation at https://doc.liberty-eiffel.org/
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 14:41:30 +0200

Il 10/05/22 22:31, Raphael Mack ha scritto:
Hi Mischa,

thanks for the notice. The problem is, that "ET" (our automated eiffel tester) is generating the docs on every run from the current HEAD. And since some time (maybe since the last debian upgrade on the server running ET) eiffeldoc fails with n exit code of 137 - which signals an out-of-memory failure. eiffeldoc runs normally with the BDW-GC enabled but during the last upgrade also libgc was upgraded and maybe we have some issue here.

As next we could try to run eiffeldoc with the SE-GC or dig into the details why we do not see (good enough) memory cleanup with the BDW.

I am measuring the actual memory usage of a freshly compiled eiffeldoc right now on my Fedora box with gc-devel 8-0-4.

I remember that a Raspberry Pi 3 with 1Gb of RAM used quite a lot of swap memory to compile the compiler while my Pi 4 with 8Gb compiled it without any issues while running the multimedia app Kodi at the same time.

libgc was indeed upgrade and has some issues, as far as I can say libgc-dev version (debian package) 1:8.0.6-1.1 is required for proper.

More on this in a few hours.