Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Cannot compile hello_world.e

From: Cyril ADRIAN
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Cannot compile hello_world.e
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 10:08:45 +0100

Hello Edward,

Welcome :-)

I think you may have a configuration conflict because of an old version.

Please check if the following directories exist:
 - $HOME/.serc
 - $HOME/.liberty-eiffel
 - $HOME/.config/liberty-eiffel
 - /etc/serc
 - /etc/liberty-eiffel
 - /etc/xdg/liberty-eiffel

Of those directories, you must keep only one; either /etc/xdg/liberty-eiffel (if you installed the Debian packages) or $HOME/.config/liberty-eiffel (if you installed manually using install.sh).

Cheers,

Cyril

Hello,

I recently installed Liberty Eiffel and have been able to compile the hello world program in the tutorial folder. When a compile it, I get the following error:

****** Error: More than one class in the system is named ANY.
The first one is in the cluster "core:kernel/loadpath.se:" while
the second is in the cluster "liberty_core:kernel/loadpath.se:"
(and there may be more). Search started from Universe.

------
****** Fatal Error: Cannot find the class "ANY" in any known cluster.
------
Error occurs while compiling. Compilation process aborted.

Would you mind suggesting how I can fix it?

Edward Hart