[Liberty-eiffel] inheritance problem

From: Laurie Moye
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] inheritance problem
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 15:23:26 +0000

Hi,

Could someone please could tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

I have some ancient code with a tangled mess of inheritances. I was
trying to compile it under liberty-adler, when I got an error message
like the one below. I've managed to simplify the problem to the example
attached.
Yes, "Type A[ANY] is deferred", but type D isn't, and that's the one I'm
calling. Also, I don't understand why the compiler is quoting a line
from 'slice' in ARRAY at me.

Thanks,
      Laurie
ceres/fails-5: compile -boost -no_gc test -o test.
****** Fatal Error: Type A[ANY] is deferred. (Cannot create object.)

Line 407 column 10 in ARRAY
(/usr/local/share/liberty-adler/src/lib/storage/collection/array.e):
         create Result.make(lower, lower + max - min)
         ^
------
Error occurs while compiling. Compilation process aborted.