[Liberty-eiffel] Question about licensing

From: Hans Zwakenberg | Ocean Consulting GmbH
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] Question about licensing
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 15:05:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

a question cropped up about Liberty being the GNU Eiffel compiler.  I read that Liberty was put under the GPL license; does this automatically mean that binary executables created with Liberty are automatically forced to be published under that same license?  Where can I read authoritive information about Liberty's status in this respect?

cheers
Hans