Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Question about licensing

From: Paolo Redaelli
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Question about licensing
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 17:09:23 +0200

Il 02/09/2014 15:05, Hans Zwakenberg | Ocean Consulting GmbH ha scritto:
Hi,

a question cropped up about Liberty being the GNU Eiffel compiler.  I read that Liberty was put under the GPL license; does this automatically mean that binary executables created with Liberty are automatically forced to be published under that same license?  Where can I read authoritive information about Liberty's status in this respect?
The compiler is released under GPL. The core libraries are released under a "very liberal" MIT/X Consortium licence.
Wrappers are released under the same license of the wrapped library.

Your program can have any license you want, respecting the licenses of the external libraries like readline, Gtk, Qt, sqlite et cetera.

I've been really busy these months with additional task (energy assesment of a largish sport center) that required all my attention. I've almost finished it, in a couple of weeks I will return full time on Liberty.

    Paolo