Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text support for macOS and Windows

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text support for macOS and Windows
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 05:30:46 -0400

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 11:07 AM Robert Kausch via Libcdio-devel <
libcdio-devel@gnu.org> wrote:

> Am 26.03.2023 um 22:58 schrieb Rocky Bernstein:
> > On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 3:58 AM Rocky Bernstein <rocky@gnu.org> wrote:
> > For what it is worth, I was able to build the current master on Windows
> 10
> > pro and Msys2. I suspect though that master doesn't have Robert's latest
> > patches.
> No, the Windows CD-Text patches are in the cdtext-win32 branch. I didn't
> want to push this directly to master without someone else testing it
> before.

I have now tried this branch in Windows 10 pro in both the msys and cygwin
environments and things
work. But I haven't been able to find a CD with actual CD-text information
on it yet.

> > It looks like CDDB reading has bit rot. But that is a different story.
> The freedb database that libcdio defaults to shut down in 2020. I just
> pushed a commit to update the references to GnuDB (gnudb.org) which is
> the only viable alternative I know of. CDDB queries work again with this
> change.

Although the change in master is right, there may still be a bug in my
code. I will investigate over the upcoming weekend.