Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text support for macOS and Windows

From: Robert Kausch
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text support for macOS and Windows
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 17:06:51 +0200

Am 26.03.2023 um 22:58 schrieb Rocky Bernstein:
On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 3:58 AM Rocky Bernstein <rocky@gnu.org> wrote:
For what it is worth, I was able to build the current master on Windows 10
pro and Msys2. I suspect though that master doesn't have Robert's latest
patches.
No, the Windows CD-Text patches are in the cdtext-win32 branch. I didn't want to push this directly to master without someone else testing it before.

It looks like CDDB reading has bit rot. But that is a different story.
The freedb database that libcdio defaults to shut down in 2020. I just pushed a commit to update the references to GnuDB (gnudb.org) which is the only viable alternative I know of. CDDB queries work again with this change.