Re: [Libcdio-devel] Fedora bug report concerning CD-TEXT

From: Leon Merten Lohse
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Fedora bug report concerning CD-TEXT
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 21:32:51 +0200

Just to describe the bug one more time:
The bug occurs, when the field for one track starts and ends in a
single pack, which has the track number of the preceding track.
This can only happen if the field is <= 10 characters.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 19:23:07 +0200
"Thomas Schmitt" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I took the v07t example from our CD-TEXT description and changed
> the titles to the ones of the bug report.
>  [..]
> Then i used three arbitrary not-too-small files as track source and
> packed all onto a CD-RW by:
>
>    cdrskin dev=/dev/sr0 -v blank=as_needed -eject \
>            -sao -audio -swab \
>            input_sheet_v07t=NIGHTCATS.TXT
>            file1 file2 file3
>
> This CD-RW demonstrates the problem and verifies the fix.

That is even better! Did you check if the original code produces the
bug with your disc?

We also should adapt the unit test for this bug.
Since you already created a disc: Could you use your disc to produce a
raw cdtext dump? Also take a look a the check_cue.sh from the test
directory.
Your raw dump can replace test/data/cdtext.cdt. Last, the file
containing the correct output, cdtext.right, needs to be replaced. It
contains the output of cd-info with options as in check_cue.sh.

If you produce the cdtext.cdt and the cdtext.right, we can combine it
in a single patch together with the bugfix.

As for the fix. Should we go for the minimal one liner or, as I
suggested, introduce a dedicated variable i_track. The latter would
require small changes in about 15 lines but makes the code more
readable, in my opinion.

Regards
Leon