Re: [Libcdio-devel] Setting cdio_drive_cap_misc_t

From: Robert William Fuller
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Setting cdio_drive_cap_misc_t
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 14:21:52 -0500

Preetam wrote:
I need to disable the manual eject button on the CD drive,
irrespective of whether the drive is mounted or not (I have a 1-year
old who has developed fancy for the eject button).

Could someone tell me if there is already a command to achieve this?
Some hints on writing such a script/program are also welcome,

I looked into this once. I seem to recall that there is an MMC command that does this. While there is no explicit API in libcdio to support locking the drive, you can use the generic MMC API that libcdio exports to accomplish this.

This probably doesn't help you much if you're not a C programmer. Unfortunately, I'm a little busy with graduate school, so I could not hope to help you with this before Christmas break.

Rob