koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] Scan problem.

From: Mike Taylor
Subject: Re: [Koha-zebra] Scan problem.
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:38:02 +0000

Henri-Damien LAURENT writes:
 > >  > the latest question I found a workaround :
 > >  >   my $scan= $conn->scan_pqf('@attr 1=21 @attr 6=3 @attr 5=102 @attr 8=1
 > >  > "[A-z0-9]"');
 > >  > That way, I can get all the publishers.
 > >
 > > Hmm.  But if you start your scan from the just "a" that will yield the
 > > same start-point.  Remember that the term in a scan "query" is not
 > > searched for, just used as a start-point within the list of all
 > > terms.  If you want to start from the very beginning, you should
 > > probably use the empty search-term "", which sorts to the start.
 > >
 > >  > This query was wrong because no search parameter. I corrected it.
 > >
 > > And is it working?
 > >
 > empty search term is not working.
 > What works best is "0".

Strange that "" doesn't work.  What is the diagnostic?

Terms beginning with character that precedes "0" in ASCII order will
not be found using "0", of course.  I suggest trying " " (space),
which IIRC is the lowest-numbered printing character in the ASCII set.

 > > For some reason, you can't set multiple options in a single call like
 > > this: the second and subsequent are ignored.  Use:
 > >    $conn->option(preferredRecordSyntax => "usmarc");
 > >    $conn->option(number=>100);
 > >
 > Thanks for this very valuable information.
 > It works now.

Excellent.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <address@hidden>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Troodontids are almost certainly deinonychosaurs.  I was wrong
         about troodontids in 1994, but don't care" -- Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.