koha-zebra

[Koha-zebra] Scan problem.

From: Henri-Damien LAURENT
Subject: [Koha-zebra] Scan problem.
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 16:51:32 +0200

Hi,
I am exploring a bit further scanning feature.
It is really great and the fact that we can use @attr 8 with resultset
number would be of great value to display facets in my opinion.
But I am facing some problems :
 ZOOM::Resultsets and ZOOM::Scansets are linked to connexions.
If I want to use scan_pqf() with @attr 8= number, to limit facet to the
previous resultset, I have to get or to guess resultset Number.
But how can I since resultsets donot have any id property,
and users are likely to refine or do multiple searchs ?

One solution I see would be to create and destroy connections right
before and right after each search. Would kohagang agree on that ?
That way, ResultSet number would always be 1.
But it seems to me that getting resultset number as a property of
ZOOM::ResultSets OR making ScanSets depend not only on connections but
also on ResultSets could be a solution and could be interesting.
ResultSets seems there in Zebra, so there should be a solution to play
with them via zoom.

Another question is :
     number [default: 10]
           Indicates how many terms should be returned in the ScanSet.
The number actually returned may be less, if the start-point is near the
end of the index, but will not be greater.
Is there really no way to get More results ? What If I wanted only the
10 most relevant results but not the 10 first ? Would there be a solution ?

My last question would be : What if I want to get all the distinct
values stored for authors. Can I get them via a scan ?
something like scan_pqf("@attr 1=1 @attr 8=1 @attr 6=3") which would
return all authors, complete subfields, for resultset 1, assuming names
and surnames would be in the same subfield. (But would work for
Callnumbers, simple subjects, branches and Publihser names). Of course,
we could get some by entering a one-letter word a b c d.... But if we
could avoid...

Does Anyone has answers ?
Is anyone interested ?
What do Koha gang think about that ?