koha-zebra

[Koha-zebra] Zebra and non-filing characters

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: [Koha-zebra] Zebra and non-filing characters
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:49:02 -0800

Hello everyone,

This is just generic question regarding Zebra's handling of
MARC non-filing characters. I know there is a 'stopwords'-like
function available using the 'map' directive:

map (^The\s) @

but I'm wondering whether Zebra is also capable of examining the
non-filing character specs within each MARC field to decide
whether to index or not to index ...

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS