koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] Re: Welcome to the "Koha-zebra" mailing list

From: Mike Taylor
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:50:07 GMT

> Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:32:46 -0800
> From: Joshua Ferraro <address@hidden>
>
>> Hi, Josh, thanks for handling this.  I (and I think the other Index
>> Data people) missed the discussion about moving to Savannah; I
>> wonder whether you could summarise the reasons?  Thanks.
>
> The main reason was instability of the Sourceforge
> platform. Basically, we got sick of timing out on commits, diff
> emails getting bounced, SF going down for who-knows-how-long-or-why
> ... etc. One of our core developers (Paul) has been using Savannah
> for several years for another project and hadn't had any problems
> during that time... so we figured migrating would solve the problem.

Ah, it's always nice to find a technical rather than political reason
:-)  I've not used Sourceforge much myself, but I admit it's a royal
pain just rtrying to download a tarball from there, so I'm hopeful
that Savannah will be better.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <address@hidden>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and
         individual responsibility is the difficulty of finding somebody
         to blame your problems on" -- P. J. O'Rourke.