koha-win32

Re: [Koha-win32] bulkmarcimport.pl

From: Rob Weir
Subject: Re: [Koha-win32] bulkmarcimport.pl
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 23:52:26 -0500

I have posted patch at http://koha.rwjr.com/ that will update the perl modules for a win32 Koha 2.2.7 install to use a newer version of MARC-Record. This seems to fix the problem reported by Arnab on Dec. 28. I still don't have a solution for the error reported by Dave, other than to comment out the offending line #24 in the bulkmarcimport.pl script.

With line #24 commented and with the updated MARC-Record module, I was able to successfully import several thousand marc records into my Koha 2.2.7 database using the bulkmarcrecord.pl script.

Rob

Hi Dave,
On the bulkmarcimport.pl script, I get the identical error. I also found the email you quoted and have tested rolling MARC-Charset back to v 0.92 and even  v  0.20 and still get the same error. I am thinking that ignore_errors never was a part of MARC-Charset and that there is a bug in the script.

Any suggestions from anyone on the list?

You can comment just the offending line and the script will run - I've only done it without giving any parameters so it returns the help screen. Later today, I am planning to test and see how it actually handles importing records.

Arnab reported another bulkmarcimport.pl error when running on windows way back on Dec. 28:

 >> When I'm trying to run the script "bulkmarcimport.pl" it showing the
>  >> error.......
>  >>
>  >> C:\usr\koha227\scripts\misc\migration_tools>bulkmarcimport.pl -file
>  >> t.mrc
>  >> Can't locate object method "encoding" via package "MARC::Record" at
>  >> C:\usr\koha227\scripts\misc\migration_tools\bulkmarcimport.pl line 218.
>  >>

Chris Cormack suggested on Jan. 15 that we could correct this error by getting a later version of MARC-Record from SourceForge. I downloaded the version he recommended and have built and repackaged it so it can be loaded by ppm on windows. I hope to post it later today to my website, or if you encounter this error and need it sooner, let me know.