koha-win32

[Koha-win32] Re:Help regarding 'items.itemcallnumber' (re-sent message)

From: Tumer Garip
Subject: [Koha-win32] Re:Help regarding 'items.itemcallnumber' (re-sent message)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:56:08 +0300

Hi Joseph,
Map items.itemcallnumber to a Marc field and set it to tab 10 (items tab) which you probably have done.
Go to systempreferences and set the itemcallnumber variable to 942a. If you do not have this variable create it.
The additems.pl  has  the necessary script that will copy $942a (or whatever) into items.itemcallnumber

Hope it helps
Tumer
address@hidden

Joseph wrote:
_I am re-sending this message since I sent it from the wrong email address:_

 Hello.

 I am running Koha 2.2.3 on Windows 98. About 2,800 (out of the over
 40,000) books of our library have already been entered into the
 database. The small hitches have been sorted out and things as of now
 are going on well. The 'Circulation' part has not yet been used (though
 it has been tested).

 However, I have one problem which I am not able to solve.

 The field 'biblioitems.classification' is mapped to the MARC tag 942 $a
 (Institution Code)
 I would like to also store this value in the field
 'items.itemcallnumber' for every item of the particular biblio.

 I could not find any way out and, therefore, now run this script in
 MySQL after the day's data entry is done:
 use blank223
 update items,biblioitems set
 items.itemcallnumber=biblioitems.classification where
 items.biblionumber=biblioitems.biblionumber;
 quit

 I tried peeking into the code in additems.pl but could not understand
 where I can tweak to get any change done.

 I will be grateful if anyone can tell me what is the code I should
 include and where. I guess it may just be a line or two. (I am not a
 Perl programmer!)

 Thanks in anticipation.

 Good wishes
 Joe Coelho, SJ