jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] I need some help please....

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] I need some help please....
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 22:42:50 +0100

On 01/16/2013 09:54 PM, Jeff Jennings wrote:
> I installed Jailkit today and things went pretty smoothly
>
> the user i created is called tecq and also created a group called tecq
>
> the home directory for tecq is a directory where I have a website on my
> server – let’s call it usr/local/websites/tecq
>
> that directory and all of it’s files and subdirectory are owned by root.
>
> I had to change the shell for tecq to /bin/bash otherwise I was unable
> to login via ssh due to the error: file transfer server could not be
> started and something about sftp-server not found.

use jk_init -j <jailpath> sftp

> well – in any event no biggie because I can login via ssh in now using
> tecq and their password and get placed in that directory
>
> my problem is that I want to give them full right to everything in this
> (usr/local/websites/tecq)  ...  their home directory but when I ssh in
> as them and try to copy a file I get the error:
> get cannot create regular file ‘filename’ : permission denied.
>
> how do I give them rights to this directory and still keep it owned by root?

if the users home directory needs to be owned by user root, and you want
to give him write access, change the group of the directory to some
group that the user is in, and make the directory group writable.

Olivier

--
Bluefish website http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
Blog http://oli4444.wordpress.com/