jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] I need some help please....

From: Jeff Jennings
Subject: [Jailkit-users] I need some help please....
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:54:03 -0500

I installed Jailkit today and things went pretty smoothly

the user i created is called tecq and also created a group called tecq

the home directory for tecq is a directory where I have a website on my server – let’s call it usr/local/websites/tecq

that directory and all of it’s files and subdirectory are owned by root.

I had to change the shell for tecq to /bin/bash otherwise I was unable to login via ssh due to the error: file transfer server could not be started and something about sftp-server not found.

well – in any event no biggie because I can login via ssh in now using tecq and their password and get placed in that directory

my problem is that I want to give them full right to everything in this (usr/local/websites/tecq)  ...  their home directory but when I ssh in as them and try to copy a file I get the error:
get cannot create regular file ‘filename’ : permission denied.

how do I give them rights to this directory and still keep it owned by root?

thanks in advance.

Jeff