jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] How to log into a jailed user

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] How to log into a jailed user
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 21:05:14 +0100

On 11/18/2010 06:13 PM, le tan vu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been investigating for few days, however, there is no clear answer
> for my problem.
> I want to jail a user, that user only needs a limited shell to compile
> some java, c, or cpp code, then run their executable file after compiling.
> I've seemed to set up a jailed user successfully by jailkit with a
> jk_lsh shell inside that jail. But how can I test my jailed user?
> How to get inside the jailed and test the limited shell jk_lsh, then do
> some works there?

I guess you don't want jk_lsh then. With jk_lsh one cannot "get inside
the jail". Use a regular shell inside the jail.

> I've tried:
> su <jailedUsername>
> jk_lsh -c command ( with some configuration in /etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini
> and /home/jail/etc/jailkit/jk_lsh.ini)

I think you need a regular shell inside that jail, but for the record:

ssh into an account that is jailed with jk_chrootsh as shell and has
jk_lsh as shell inside the jail with a remote command that is allowed in
your jk_lsh. 'ssh address@hidden command'

Olivier