jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Disconnects when the shell starts

From: Mathematical
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Disconnects when the shell starts
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:10:58 -0700 (PDT)

Ok so I am trying to set up a cvsjail for my cvs server and I want the users
to authenticate by using their keys via SSH2. My cvs server OS is Centos and
the client machines are shitdows xp machines. I have correctly set up the
server and client SSH2 keys and for testing I'm using PuTTY's plink on the
client machines. Here is the output that I get after attempting to connect
to my jailed cvs server.

[output]
C:\cvs_ssh>plink -v -v -P 1523 -ssh -2 -4 -i id_dsa_private.ppk
address@hidden cvs
Looking up host "cvsserver" (IPv4)
Connecting to 192.168.1.200 port 1523
Server version: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.9p1
We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.59
Using SSH protocol version 2
Doing Diffie-Hellman group exchange
Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange with hash SHA-1
Host key fingerprint is:
ssh-dss 1024 30:45:9f:5e:ed:48:23:07:b5:65:d3:dd:0d:18:a1:05
Initialised AES-256 SDCTR client->server encryption
Initialised HMAC-SHA1 client->server MAC algorithm
Initialised AES-256 SDCTR server->client encryption
Initialised HMAC-SHA1 server->client MAC algorithm
Reading private key file "id_dsa_private.ppk"
Using username "cvsuser".
h3ll0...

Offered public key
Offer of public key accepted
Authenticating with public key "address@hidden"
Access granted
Opened channel for session
Started a shell/command
Server sent command exit status 3
Disconnected: All channels closed
[output]

I dont know what exit status 3 means but I also dont see anything that is
difinitive in any of the logs on the cvs server. It was connecting fine
before I tried jailkit, but I'm probably missing something. My install
procedure was exactly the same as the cvs_only tutorial on the web site.

It seems to me that the jk_lsh is returning an exit code of 3. Why? I have
no idea.

Please let me know if you need any additional information or if you know the
solution to this problem.
Thank you.