jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Installing all files from an rpm (or rpm -q --filesb

From: Anton Melser
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Installing all files from an rpm (or rpm -q --filesbypkg ???)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:56:36 +0200

Further questions below

> I think you want to find out which files are being installed by an rpm on a
> regular system, right ?
>
> to find out which packages are installed : rpm -qa
>
> Then, to find out which files were originally in the rpm package :  (in this
> case mysql)
>
>  rpm -ql mysql-server-4.1.11-2
>

> If you have not yet installed the rpm, then query its contents like this :
>
> rpm -qlp mysql-server-4.1.11-2.rpm
>

> Check a package's dependencies :
>
> rpm -qRp mysql-server-4.1.11-2.rpm

Thanks for your answers. Indeed, what I am looking for is a way to
install only apache (+ mod_php with mysql support) in the chroot
environment. The user should be able to connect to the machine (so
bash, vi, ls, etc.) but not have access outside the chroot. He
shouldn't have rpm, gcc, etc...
I would have just done a debbootstrap and be done with it - but this
machine is a rhel4 (and that was NOT my choice!). Ideally I would like
to have a situation where the "install" has only the necessary apps. I
hadn't really thought about email (from the php app), but mysql could
have gone through the normal port (one mysql in the real root
environment).
So I guess the answer to my question is no... and that I have to
collect the files installed manually, via rpm -q, and then add them to
jk_init.inc.
Thanks for your answers, and maybe now the boss will listen to me and
let me chose the platforms we install!
Cheers
Anton