jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] jailkit-2.0-1 -- NIS authentication error.

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jailkit-2.0-1 -- NIS authentication error.
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:04:13 +0200

Christopher Potter wrote:
Hello list,

I have installed jailkit-2.0-1.el4.rf.i386.rpm on my Red Hat Enterprise
Linux AS release 4 box. I had a jail setup and working with a test user
that was authenticating with an encrypted password in /etc/shadow. Upon
switching the authentication to use Kerberos I was no longer able to login with the test user. What happens is that it appears that the user logs in and then is instantly booted out. Kerberos logins do work for non jailed users.

you probably need to copy many extra files into the jail (libnss_nis, probably some kerberso libraries, config files, nis configuration files etc.).

Here is the output from /var/log/messages:
Jun 7 10:06:01 cs537 jk_chrootsh[4793]: now entering jail /home/jail for user test666 (500)

you seem to have no logging from inside the jail, is jk_socketd configured and running? (or alternatively is syslog configured to open an extra socket inside the jail?)

the current development version, furthermore, has some new options for jk_chrootsh, that are not yet documented in the man pages.

if set the option 'skip_injail_passwd_check' does not look at the <jail>/etc/passwd anymore

the option 'injail_shell' is then used to specify the shell that will be used for the user.

hope this helps,

        Olivier