jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit problem

From: Andrew Bush
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit problem
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:29:58 +1200

HI Olivier,

thanks for your replies.

Ive found the problem with the permissions...I had tried chown and various other things but it wasn't working, turns out mac os x .dmg volumes have permissions disabled by default.

by 'enable root' I just meant that under mac os x they kind of hide that account away and deny access to it unless you jump through a vaguely obscure hoop, I was keen not to have to jump through that hoop to solve the problem.

So Ive got it partially working now, turns out mac os x doesn't ship with groupadd or useradd either but Ive found drop-in replacements.

still moving forward, thanks for your help.

Yours cheerfully,

        Andrew Bush