jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Jailkit problem

From: Andrew Bush
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Jailkit problem
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:40:22 +1200

Hi all,

Ive just used darwin ports to install jailkit, and Im trying to get it to work.

Im using 10.3 and created a .dmg using disk utility.

I then created folders inside that disk image and attempted to call jk_init on it like so:

jk_init /Volumes/testjail/root jk_lsh

Im getting two errors:

ERROR: /Volumes/testjail/root is not owned by root:root!

ERROR: chrootdir /Volumes/testjail/root is not safe

both of which seem perfectly reasonable :)

so the question is probably a stupid one, how can I make root:root the owner of the relevant folder? Ive tried chown and tried mucking about with the permissions in the finder info but with no joy, it keeps snapping back.

Im really keen *not* to enable root (even if I knew how to do it) to achieve this, so what is the best solution here?

thanks in advance for any help.

Yours cheerfully,

        Andrew Bush