jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] Little issue about jailkit in Debian (urgent)

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] Little issue about jailkit in Debian (urgent)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 10:09:43 +0200

Hi Eriberto,

yes it is secure to change only those two lines.

however, the only other change in 2.22 is in jk_lsh.c
https://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/jailkit/jailkit/src/jk_lsh.c?r1=1.36&r2=1.37&sortby=log
which is also a (minor) security update (it improves security logging).

I don't know what the policy for a frozen Debian is, but 2.22 is
functional identical to 2.21 with only security improvements. So isn't
it safer to use 2.22 ? There is no chance there could be any
incompatibility between 2.21 and 2.22 because there are no changes
besides security.

Olivier