jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] Jailkit v2.22 - Ubuntu Focal Repositories?

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] Jailkit v2.22 - Ubuntu Focal Repositories?
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 22:00:40 +0200

On 01-06-2021 20:20, Craig M. Schlenke wrote:
Hi,

First of all, thank you guys very much for the hard work on the Jailkit project.

Does anyone have an ETA on when Jailkit v2.22 will be in the Ubuntu Focal repositories? I'm currently experiencing the jk_update python issue and I'm trying to decide if I am going to manually build and install Jailkit v2.22 or just wait for it to be in the Ubuntu Focal repositories. Thank you.

I actually don't know who creates the Ubuntu package, so I have no idea when there will be a new package. You might want to file a bug report for the ubuntu package.

Building is not very difficult. Building your own Ubuntu package is also not very hard, see for example https://www.binarytides.com/install-jailkit-ubuntu-debian/

regards,

    Olivier

--