jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] Jailkit v2.22 - Ubuntu Focal Repositories?

From: Eriberto
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] Jailkit v2.22 - Ubuntu Focal Repositories?
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 17:10:58 -0300

Em ter., 1 de jun. de 2021 às 17:00, Olivier Sessink
<olivier@bluefish.openoffice.nl> escreveu:

> Does anyone have an ETA on when Jailkit v2.22 will be in the Ubuntu Focal
> repositories? I'm currently experiencing the jk_update python issue and I'm
> trying to decide if I am going to manually build and install Jailkit v2.22 or
> just wait for it to be in the Ubuntu Focal repositories. Thank you.
>

> I actually don't know who creates the Ubuntu package, so I have no idea when
> there will be a new package. You might want to file a bug report for the
> ubuntu package.

Hi guys,

I am the official maintainer of the jailkit in Debian. Ubuntu doesn't
accept packages being sent directly to it. Ubuntu always will fetch
the packages from Debian. However, currently, Debian is frozen to wait
for a new release and is not possible to send new versions of a
program to repositories. I will create the new package for jailkit
after Debian 11 Bullseye is released.

Regards,

Eriberto