info-mtools

[Mtools] FAT Dirty Flag support

From: Onno Benschop
Subject: [Mtools] FAT Dirty Flag support
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:33:40 +0800

In Ubuntu I've stuck my hand up as interested in dealing with bugs to do
with dosfstools. During that process it became apparent that the dirty
flag for FAT is not being supported. Looking through the kernel source,
I see no evidence of any such support either.

Looking through the source of mtools I see references to a dirty flag
implementation, and I see it being set and being cleared in fat.c,
giving me hope that this has in fact been implemented.

Can anyone here tell me if this is implemented for all the flavours of
FAT, that is, FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, vFAT and xvFAT?

Kind regards,

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..