info-mtools

Re: [Mtools] Support cross-compiling for Windows with MinGW; some Window

From: Alain Knaff
Subject: Re: [Mtools] Support cross-compiling for Windows with MinGW; some Windows fixes
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:32:15 +0100

Jamey Sharp wrote:
[Please CC us on replies.]

With the attached patches, mtools supports cross-compilation for Windows
using MinGW.  We have also changed mtools to use '\' as the path
separator on Windows, and to pass drive letters other than the
command-line drive :: through to Windows.

In order to build mtools, we run configure like this:

ac_cv_func_setpgrp_void=yes ./configure --build=i386-linux-gnu
--host=i586-mingw32msvc --disable-floppyd --without-x --disable-raw-term

We specify both --build and --host to force configure into
cross-compilation mode; otherwise, it tries to run a test program for
the host on the build system, and if the build system has binfmt-misc
set up to run exe files with wine as many distros do by default,
configure will assume native compilation and fail.

Would you consider merging these patches into the next version of
mtools?

- Jamey Sharp and Josh Triplett

Thanks for these diffs.

This is now part of today's patch