info-mtools

Re: [mtools] mformat boot sector bug with mtools 3.9.10

From: Phillip Susi
Subject: Re: [mtools] mformat boot sector bug with mtools 3.9.10
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:39:19 -0400

I don't have the fat.bin anymore, I've since rebuilt it, but ls -al did indeed show it was 512 bytes in size and the output of od showed only those 512 bytes I posted before. I guess if you can't reproduce it then maybe it was just one of those freak things. It only happened to me that once when I had modified the file a bit to try and debug it.